Posted by Double M
You probably know by now that Jay Leno is done with The Tonight Show sometime during 2009 (Although now it looks like Leno is moving to an earlier time slot on NBC. I'm not sure how it is possible, it is before the news?). What does this mean for you? Well, Conan will be getting the upgrade and moving into the main slot and Jimmy Falon will be replacing Conan (Carson Daly apparently was passed over - this is probably because his show sucks).
So to drum up interest in his new show, Jimmy Falon will be doing some web shorts about his crew, the studio, etc. They started last night and the first one is below.
A few things:
1) The "Ask Jimmy" he talks about in the video obviously doesn't exist on IR. Unfortunately, it didn't exist on the page where I watched the video. I did find it on the Late Night with Jimmy Falon page though.
2) Falon is moving around too much. He seems really nervous. I know its probably just his personality, but it he's jumping all over the screen.
3) Its been public for a while, but having The Roots as his house band is a great move (outside of the fact that The Roots will be touring less. I saw them live once in Austin - it was awesome.).
4) Thanks for dressing up, Jimmy. It looks like you woke up late and got to makeup but couldn't get to wardrobe.
5) Can Falon make it through his open without laughing? Doubtful.