Are you really "friends" with 700 people? No. Besides you don't want them all to have access to anything public about you on Facebook.
There's been a ton of chatter about this lately, but I'm going to give my take on it anyway.
Go log into Facebook. Then click Profile >> Edit Friends (it is in the top-right corner). Then start scrolling through your friends and ask yourself these questions:
- Do I gain any personal, comedic, or business value by being friends with this person on Facebook?
- Do I have to be friends with this person on Facebook? (for whatever reason - you know what I mean)
If you answered yes to either of those questions, move onto the next friend. Otherwise, ask yourself these questions:
- Did I know this person was married?
- Did I know this person has kids?
- If I was visiting a city this person lived in, would I call them?
- Do I care what is happening in this person's life?
If you said "no" to any of those questions about someone then you should probably de-friend them.
If you're still on the fence about them, ask yourself this one last question: do I want this person to be able to see everything (or anything) about me?
Off the friends list.